Chris Gilmore is an experienced corporate attorney practicing with Townsend & Lockett, LLC. Mr. Gilmore’s practice focuses on corporate and financial transactions primarily in the technology industry.In addition, Mr. Gilmore focuses his practice on debt and equity financings, software, service, and sales contracts, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance and structuring. Mr. Gilmore’s objective with all of his clients is to help their businesses grow efficiently and effectively.
In addition to his passion for helping clients, Chris has a passion for giving back to his community. He currently serves as President of the Emerging 100 of Atlanta, the young professional auxiliary of the 100 Black Men of Atlanta. Chris is also an active member of the Gate City Bar Association, the Urban League of Greater Atlanta – Young Professionals, and an annual volunteer with the Atlanta Volunteer Lawyers Foundation.
Start-Up and Venture Transactions
- Representation of and counsel to tens of start-up technology and technology-enabled companies in matters concerning incorporation, corporate governance, legal strategy and structuring, licensing, employee benefits and incentives, restrictive covenants, and general employment.
- Representation of real estate fund in its creation and offering of $50,000,000.
- Representation of venture capital firm in Series A financing of $20,000,000 in Canadian tech company.
- Representation of electric car company in initial corporate structuring, friends and family financing of $10,000,000, and subsequent merger transaction.
- Representation of supply chain and inventory management software company in Series A-2 and Series B financings of $1,500,000 and $3,500,000 respectively.
- Representation of technology company in recapitalization, reorganization, debt offering of approximately $1,000,000, and Series A financing of approximately $5,250,000.
- Representation of health IT company in Series A financing of approximately $2,666,667; the purchase of certain assets out of bankruptcy; and the sale of its Series B financing of approximately $3,000,000.
- Representation of portfolio company in Series D financing of $3,500,000.
- Representation of health IT company in bridge financing of approximately $2,800,000.
- Representation of medical device company in Series A financing of approximately $2,000,000.
- Representation of communications technology company in Series G financing of approximately $2,500,000.
- Representation of virtual workspace company in Series B financing of approximately $1,000,000.
- Representation of a number of software companies and small businesses in convertible note financings in amounts of $100,000 – $500,000.
M&A and Other Disposition Transactions
- Representation of application performance management software company in stock sale to Fortune 10 for $750,000,000.
- Representation of REIT in structuring disposition of portfolio of 15 data centers in asset sale for $1.065 billion.
- Representation of benefits company in connection with a shareholder offering to partially fund two acquisitions with aggregate purchase price of $60,000,000.
- Representation of conglomerate in its acquisition through merger of manufacturing software company for approximately $55,000,000.
- Representation of master data management technology company in stock sale (for $45,000,000.
- Representation of private equity fund in purchase of bowling manufacturing business for $45,000,000 consisting of the purchase of all of the stock of its US and Hungarian subsidiaries and all of the assets of its Mexican subsidiary.
- Representation of insurance subsidiary of regional bank in its acquisition of all of the stock of a regional insurance company for approximately $23,000,000.
- Representation of industrial automation company in its acquisition of all of the assets of a competitor for approximately $20 million.
- Representation of family business in stock sale for $20,000,000.
- Representation of company in connection with sale of all of its stock to Fortune 500 company for approximately $14,000,000.
- Representation of development company in connection with the purchase of a loan portfolio and workout transfer of over 20,000 acres for approximately $21,000,000.
Commercial Contracts and Consultation
- Representation of regional grocer in connection with its expansion into Virginia and Mississippi.
- Representation of payroll systems company, in roll out of SAAS platform.
- Representation of international media company in connection with drafting and negotiating its commercial contracts.
- Representation of RTLS company in connection with drafting and negotiating its commercial contracts, licensing, maintenance, reseller, and service agreements.
- Representation of national health insurance company in connection with regulatory compliance and statewide legal strategy for payments.
Capital Market Transactions
- Representation of private equity fund in connection with a $25,000,000 revolving credit facility, and a $30,500,000 term loan and equity investment.
- Representation of company, including a U.K. subsidiary, in connection with securing a $15,000,000 revolving credit facility.
Professional And Community Involvement
- Emerging 100 of Atlanta, President
- Founder Institute – Atlanta, Mentor
- TI:GER Program, Emory University School of Law, Guest Lecturer
- Operation Hope – Entrepreneur Classes, Guest Lecturer
- Urban League of Greater Atlanta – Young Professionals, Member
- Honor Council, Vanderbilt University Law School, President 2010-2011
- Morris, Manning & Martin, LLP – 2016-2018
- Womble, Carlyle, Sandridge & Rice, LLP – 2014-2016
- James-Bates-Brannan-Groover LLP – 2011-2014
Direct Dial: (404) 870.8505
J.D. and Law & Business Certificate, 2011, Vanderbilt University Law School
Study Abroad, 2009, Vanderbilt in Venice
B.A., Political Science and Minor, Accounting, 2008, North Carolina State University
U.S. District Court of the Northern District of Georgia
U.S. District Court of the Middle District of Georgia
U.S. District Court of the Southern District of Georgia
Georgia Supreme Court