Start-Up and Venture Transactions
- Representation of and counsel to tens of start-up technology and technology-enabled companies in matters concerning incorporation, corporate governance, legal strategy and structuring, licensing, employee benefits and incentives, restrictive covenants, and general employment.
- Representation of real estate fund in its creation and offering of $50,000,000.
- Representation of venture capital firm in Series A financing of $20,000,000 in Canadian tech company.
- Representation of electric car company in initial corporate structuring, friends and family financing of $10,000,000, and subsequent merger transaction.
- Representation of supply chain and inventory management software company in Series A-2 and Series B financings of $1,500,000 and $3,500,000 respectively.
- Representation of technology company in recapitalization, reorganization, debt offering of approximately $1,000,000, and Series A financing of approximately $5,250,000.
- Representation of health IT company in Series A financing of approximately $2,666,667; the purchase of certain assets out of bankruptcy; and the sale of its Series B financing of approximately $3,000,000.
- Representation of portfolio company in Series D financing of $3,500,000.
- Representation of health IT company in bridge financing of approximately $2,800,000.
- Representation of medical device company in Series A financing of approximately $2,000,000.
- Representation of communications technology company in Series G financing of approximately $2,500,000.
- Representation of virtual workspace company in Series B financing of approximately $1,000,000.
- Representation of a number of software companies and small businesses in convertible note financings in amounts of $100,000 – $500,000.
M&A and Other Disposition Transactions
- Representation of application performance management software company in stock sale to Fortune 10 for $750,000,000.
- Representation of REIT in structuring disposition of portfolio of 15 data centers in asset sale for $1.065 billion.
- Representation of benefits company in connection with a shareholder offering to partially fund two acquisitions with aggregate purchase price of $60,000,000.
- Representation of conglomerate in its acquisition through merger of manufacturing software company for approximately $55,000,000.
- Representation of master data management technology company in stock sale (for $45,000,000.
- Representation of private equity fund in purchase of bowling manufacturing business for $45,000,000 consisting of the purchase of all of the stock of its US and Hungarian subsidiaries and all of the assets of its Mexican subsidiary.
- Representation of insurance subsidiary of regional bank in its acquisition of all of the stock of a regional insurance company for approximately $23,000,000.
- Representation of industrial automation company in its acquisition of all of the assets of a competitor for approximately $20 million.
- Representation of family business in stock sale for $20,000,000.
- Representation of company in connection with sale of all of its stock to Fortune 500 company for approximately $14,000,000.
- Representation of development company in connection with the purchase of a loan portfolio and workout transfer of over 20,000 acres for approximately $21,000,000.
Commercial Contracts and Consultation
- Representation of regional grocer in connection with its expansion into Virginia and Mississippi.
- Representation of payroll systems company, in roll out of SAAS platform.
- Representation of international media company in connection with drafting and negotiating its commercial contracts.
- Representation of RTLS company in connection with drafting and negotiating its commercial contracts, licensing, maintenance, reseller, and service agreements.
- Representation of national health insurance company in connection with regulatory compliance and statewide legal strategy for payments.
Capital Market Transactions
- Representation of private equity fund in connection with a $25,000,000 revolving credit facility, and a $30,500,000 term loan and equity investment.
- Representation of company, including a U.K. subsidiary, in connection with securing a $15,000,000 revolving credit facility.