- Atlanta Area Council Scouts of America Board Member*
- Fulton Technology and Energy Authority Board Secretary*
- Trees Atlanta Board Member
- Global Community Mothers in Law and Know-how, Inc., Co-Founder and Board Officer*
- Georgia Association of Black Women Attorneys*
- Maryland Bar Association*
- Leadership Fairfax County, VA
African American Family & Child Center of Fairfax County, VA, Co-Founder
- Ebenezer Baptist Church of Atlanta, Board of Deacons*
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.*
- *Currently Involved
Corporate, General Counselor, Real Estate, & Energy
Deitra Crawley is a partner at Townsend & Lockett LLC, where she provides strategic counsel to a range of clients in domestic and international business transactions, corporate governance, and compliance. With over 20 years’ experience, she has served as a general counsel practitioner for several corporations, where she led corporate governance, corporate restructuring, mergers and acquisitions, legal and compliance departments, and complex dealmaking. Ms. Crawley represents entrepreneurs, developers and financiers in the renewable energy space, clients in entertainment and professional sports, general contractors and subcontractors, government contractors, restaurants, retail, charter schools, and collegiate institutions. She also teaches law students the art of dealmaking and the practice of transactional law at Emory University as an adjunct professor of law.
Ms. Crawley’s background reflects her agility, professionalism, and passion as a legal advocate and educator. She has a finesse and keen understanding of the complexities of achieving successful public private partnerships. She even has fostered public private partnerships abroad, including projects in South Africa, Croatia, Kazakhstan, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Russia, the United Arab Emirates, the European Union, and Australia.
Ms. Crawley closes deals; advises entrepreneurs and philanthropists on entity formation, restructuring, and strategic planning; solves board governance matters; provides board training; designs custom-tailored agreements and compliance programs; and negotiates and drafts power purchase agreements, joint venture agreements, acquisition documents, government contracts agreements, construction, and other complex arrangements. Ms. Crawley also launched her own non-profit corporation, Global Community Mothers in Law and Know-how (MILK), Inc., to ensure the wisdom of “compassionate” policing is integrated in criminal justice divisions across the globe. Ms. Crawley seeks to drive value to her clients by creating a trusted path to their success.
Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value.Albert Einstein
- Taylor English Duma LLP, Partner (2015-2023)
- Concessions International, LLC, General Counsel (2018-2020, on secondment)
- Law Office of Gary L. Rigney, Huntsville, AL, Of Counsel (2010-2014)
- UNITECH, Inc., Centreville, VA, General Counsel (2006-2009)