Stephen J. Pritchett
Commercial Litigation & Real Estate
Steve is a seasoned commercial litigator, with significant experience resolving business disputes, including breach of contract actions, disputes involving business tort claims, and government investigations. Steve also has extensive experience handling real estate, products liability, and technology-related disputes.
Steve enjoys partnering with businesses and entrepreneurs to implement litigation avoidance strategies, resolve complex disputes through negotiated settlement, and when necessary, to litigate challenging cases to defend our clients’ rights. Regardless of the approach taken, Steve provides superior and efficient service for the firm’s clients.
Steve is an experienced practitioner in all aspects of state and federal litigation, including discovery, class actions, motions practice, trials and appeals. Prior to joining Townsend & Lockett, LLC, Steve was a partner in Morris, Manning & Martin LLP’s Commercial Litigation group. In 2012 and 2013, Atlanta Magazine selected Mr. Pritchett as a Rising Star among Georgia’s practicing attorneys.
An Atlanta native, Steve remains actively involved in his community. Steve currently serves as Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors for Resurgence Hall, a state public charter school for metro Atlanta opening its doors in August 2017. Steve has also served on the board of directors for the Georgia Piedmont Technical College Foundation, the Decatur YMCA, and Reach for Excellence.
Steve earned his J.D., magna cum laude, from Duke University School of Law and his B.A. (History) from Florida State University. He is admitted to practice in all Georgia state and appellate courts, the United States District Court for the Northern District of Georgia, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
The magic ‘mind reading’ anticipatory service phrase is: ‘If that was me, what would I want?Steve Cokkinias
- Representation of multiple governmental entities in the condemnation of various residential, commercial, and other properties for public buildings, roads, utilities, airports, and redevelopment purposes. Representation includes recent favorable jury verdict for municipality after weeklong trial; verdict was for the exact amount the municipality had offered to pay for the condemned property, but approximately $4 million less than the award the condemnee sought at trial.
- Representation of promissory note holder in multiple suits against borrowers and guarantors. Obtained $6.4 million summary judgment on note and guaranty claims. After borrower and guarantor appealed judgment to Georgia Court of Appeals, successfully obtained appellate ruling affirming summary judgment.
- Representation of lender in foreclosure confirmation action concerning downtown Atlanta office building. After multi-day hearing and briefing, obtained confirmation of foreclosure permitting lender to collect $1.5 million deficiency.
- Resurgence Hall Charter School, Board Member, Vice-Chair
- Georgia Piedmont Technical College Foundation Board of Trustees, Member
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Past 2nd National Vice-President
- Partner, Morris Manning & Martin, LLP, 2014-2016
- Associate, Morris Manning & Martin, LLP 2005-2013