Travis Townsend, Jr.
Business & Transactional Law
Travis is Co-founding Partner at Townsend Lockett and the Group Leader of its business and transactional law practices. Mr. Townsend’s practice includes servicing businesses and supporting their growth through the facilitation of financing, asset acquisition and relationship management. Travis’ clientele consists of publicly traded companies, privately-held corporations, government authorities and municipalities and joint ventures. During his many years of providing business legal services Travis has mastered the art of contract negotiation and drafting, and has an intimate knowledge of the nuances of building excellent agreements that are in the best interests of his clients.
Travis focuses his work on assisting privately-held businesses raise capital through the offer and sale of securities in compliance with the Securities Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and applicable state laws. Travis also centers his practice around helping mid-sized and small companies, and entrepreneurial individuals buy and sell businesses. As counsel to my financial institution clients Travis provides support in developing well-protected lending arrangements, drafting security agreements and collateralizing outstanding monies.
Travis’ service objectives are simple: 1) hear out client’s needs and goals, 2) work intelligently and tirelessly to meet those needs and goals, and 3) provide an additional business benefit to clients that may not have been requested but improves their bottom line without additional charge.
Being on par in terms of price and quality only gets you into the game. Service wins the game.Tony Alessandra
- Representation of global telecommunications provider in negotiation of $15B Clearinghouse Agreement between client responsible for reimbursement of telecommunications infrastructure relocation costs incurred by multiple licensees of FCC satellite spectrum.
- Representation of regional transit authority in $382M refunding bond financing.
- Representation of regional transit authority in $300M commercial paper financing.
- Negotiated and drafted cross-platform/cross-provider messaging partnership agreement between global telecommunications provider and advanced messaging hub provider.
- Representation of regional transit authority in $242M bond financing.
- Representation of $50M private equity fund in the acquisition of four separate real estate management, maintenance, and services companies within a seventy-five (75) day span.
- Representation of multi-national Fortune 100 corporation in the divestiture of several portfolio brands spanning the U.S. and Thailand.
- Representation of regional transit authority in $117M bond financing.
- Representation of regional transit authority in $88M bond financing.
- Representation of regional transit authority in $93M bond financing.
- Representation of equity fund joint venture $2M strategic investment in hair products distribution and retail company.
- Representation of emerging technology company in securing $12M in venture capital.
- Representation of publicly-traded medical transcription company in preparing proxy statements and annual, quarterly and periodic filings in compliance with federal securities laws.
- Representation of publicly-traded manufacturing company in $62M sale and divestiture of interest in joint venture.
- Representation of restaurant franchise company in reorganization of franchisees and securing $15M bank financing.
- Representation of public company medical transcription service provider in $43M common stock registration and public offering.
- Representation of restaurant in $2M sale of business transaction.
- Representation of private company in sale of majority equity for cash and assumption of debt.
- Representation of banking institution in financing of warehouse acquisition.
- Representation of banking institution in the establishment of a Community Housing Development Organization.
- Representation of education consulting company in the development of franchise system.
- Representation of food distribution and catering company in development of distribution system for international hotel chain.
- Representation of entrepreneur in $1M printing and packaging company.
- Representation of Community Housing Development Organization in its development, authorization and qualification as a certified CHDO with the local and federal government, and acquisition, rehabilitation and resale of over $2M in real property assets.
- Representation of private company in acquisition of bail bonds business.
- Representation of private home healthcare provider in the acquisition of healthcare company and Medicare and Medicaid regulatory compliance.
- Representation of private technology company organization and angel financing equity offering.
- Representation of angel investor in equity investment in private radio broadcasting company.
- Representation of Fortune 20 Company in connection with creditors rights matters, financing management and debt collections.
- Representation of drivers’ safety and drunk driving prevention device business in connection with distribution and supply chain system agreements.
- Representation of medical device company in connection with distribution, sales and manufacturing supply chain agreements.
- Representation of franchisee in acquisition of food supply franchise business.
- Representation of private investor in equity investment in independent cinema film.
- Representation of hospital and healthcare system in the negotiation and development of trauma care response technology development strategic alliance.
- Urban League of Greater Atlanta, Entrepreneur Center Business/Legal Coach
- Emory University School of Law, Adjunct Professor Deal Skills
- National Black MBA Association, Inc. Atlanta Chapter, President, Previous VP of Operations, Director of Economic Development & Director of Legal Affairs
- Steering Committee and Programs Co-Chair, University of Michigan Law School African American Alumni Reunion
- MAFDET, Inc., Co-Founder & President
- 100 Black Men of South Metro, Inc. (Atlanta), Member
- Morris Manning & Martin, LLP, 2005-2009
- Alston & Bird, LLP 2003-2005