Diriki T. Geuka
Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity
Diriki T. Geuka is an Associate in Townsend & Lockett, LLC’s corporate and transactional law group. He works on a team focusing on mergers and acquisitions, private equity, and venture capital deals. Diriki’s goal in all his representative engagements is to efficiently and seamlessly accomplish desired outcomes for his clients.
Diriki was previously a Pinellas Assistant County Attorney, and he began his career as a federal staff attorney for the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit in Atlanta. While in law school, he was an intern for the Honorable Julie S. Sneed in the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Tampa Division. Diriki was elected President of Stetson University College of Law’s Student Bar Association before graduating in 2017 with the Dean Richard Dillon Excellence in Real Property and Marc L. Levine Awards, and also served as a member of the Journal of International Wildlife Law & Policy. Prior to becoming an attorney, Diriki was a middle school World History teacher for gifted and advanced students.
Diriki is a frequent mentor and community volunteer. Diriki will serve as President for the Emerging 100 of Atlanta during the 2023–2025 term, and currently serves as a member of Morris Brown’s President’s Advisory Board.
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., Law, Merit Scholar, 2017
- Truman Bodden Law School – Cayman Islands, Study Abroad in International Tax & Comparative Real Estate, 2016
- Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University, B.S., Social Science Education, Magna Cum Laude, with Honors, 2013
The world cares very little what you or I know, but it does care a great deal about what you or I do.Booker T. Washington
- Representation of a Fortune 100 telecommunications company in negotiations for a services transaction for customer benefit expansions.
- Representation of a private equity firm in several acquisitions across the U.S. Northeast leveraging a $5,000,000.00 line of credit.
- Representation of an Atlanta start-up restaurant business in an all-cash $415,000.00 investor finance closing.
- Representation of a Atlanta-based venture capital fund in $50,000,000.00 inaugural closing.
- Representation of a Fortune 100 company in a $2,380,000.00 sale of a Thailand-based asset production facility.
- Representation of Atlanta business members in asset interest sales relating to over 50 U.S. restaurants.
- Representation of a privately held information, data, and marketing management firm in the $8,000,000.00 acquisition of a U.K.-based technology company.
- Representation of seller in majority stock sale transaction at $97,500,000.00.
- Representation of two New York-based companies in investment from a major sporting company.
- Representation of a county agency in nearly 200 government procurements exceeding $450,000,000.00.
- Representation of a public park and children’s garden in a renaming initiative associated with a $2,250,000.00 philanthropic gift.
- Representation of local government agency in a grant application to the U.S. Economic Development Administration and advised on $13.5 million in related agreements for the 45,000 square foot ARK Innovation Center in St. Petersburg, Florida.
- Representation of a local agency in substantial compliance ordinance revisions for continued U.S. Housing and Urban Development Fair Housing Assistance Program (FHAP) designations.
- Representation of a local Code Enforcement Division in a successful state court appeal from administrative agency determination involving a nuisance property.
- Representation of a government unit in a successful state court appeal from an administrative agency determination involving a statutory notice challenge.
- Representation of a local government client as amici curiae counsel in a preliminary issue of first impression involving the applicability of a Human Rights Ordinance (HRO) under the Florida Civil Rights Act (FCRA).
- Stetson University College of Law, Bar Prep Fellow
- Morris Brown College President’s Advisory Board, Member
- Florida Bar Solo & Small Firm Section, Member, CLE Presenter
- Emerging 100 of Atlanta, Parliamentarian (2021–2023), Process & Governance Chair (2019–2021)
- Pinellas County Attorney’s Office, 2019–2021
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit, 2017–2018
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida, Spring 2017 Internship